Friday, March 6, 2009

What's in a name? And other things that happened to me today.

So, I heard that M.I.A. named her child Ickitt.

Dear people: It's not a pet. It's a person. A person who will one day grow up and hate you. But if the name is genuinely special to you, then fine. But I mean . . . Whatever happened to giving kids family names? Or variations on family names? Or just names like "Jack" or "Julie." Sigh.

EDIT: This just in, M.I.A. says that it's all a rumor. My bad, princess. And apparently the entire blogging universe's bad, too.

Today we got rid of our bookcase and our comfy vinyl couch, and then had some douche bag kid from the next town over straight up not show up to come and look at our dining table. More folks have expressed interest, though, and so hopefully we can actually sell some of our furniture and not just give it away. I'll miss you, The Green Couch!


I'm working to get some local bands to play in my store this month. If anyone knows of any bands or musicians in the Mosco-Pullman-Palouse area who'd be interested in playing a show for free in their local Hot Topic store, tell them to contact me, please! Josh's flyers promoting the opportunity are G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S and I'll be posting one on my Myspace page soon for all to enjoy.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me miss having Cable, PS.

This weekend is the annual Moscow Mardi Gras, which always takes place in March because February is just too damned cold to have an outdoors event. Of course we're supposed to have a high of 37 degrees tomorrow, so we'll see what happens. Hopefully all of the booze can keep me warm? I guess we'll have to wait and see! I'll post about tomorrow's misadventures once they've happened.

No, I haven't seen "Watchmen" yet. I can't go until Sunday. So blah.


"Slip inside the eye of your mind;
Don't you know you might find
A better place to play?
You said that you'd never been,
But all the things that you've seen
Will slowly fade away."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Rant, rave, and say hello!